When it comes to finding the balance in a person’s life, I believe it’s a matter of knowing how to use mind power and heart to handle the different elements in one’s life. When you’re balanced, you feel grounded, calm, motivated, and clear-headed most of the time.
So, what does it take for you to find your balance?
There are many areas of our life that require a lot of balancing, and we can divide them into many different categories for example, Health, Exercise, Career, Purpose, Relationships, Mental, Emotional etc. What creates an imbalance is when you pay more attention to one than the other.
Do you know what a Cairn is? Those rock formations that people create by balancing rocks on top of one another. They are pretty strong and easily survive the elements, even though there is no glue-like substance holding them together.
However, if one of the rocks becomes compromised or is shifted it affects the entire structure. So the rocks are all dependent on one another. That is the same way we should look at life. If you see each rock as an area in your life such as work, health, diet, marriage, relationships, social etc then if we focus one area too much, then other areas (rocks) will be compromised and guess what will happen?
The solidity of the entire structure will be weakened and everything will come crashing down.
If you want to keep your balance and live life with passion, take time to read the following advice I have for you:
- Take a break and find time to take a closer look at your life, how you’re feeling, and your state of mind. You have to be very honest with yourself so that you can notice the areas of your life that require balance.
- Determine if you’re actually leaning more towards certain areas of your life and neglecting others. Ask yourself if there are areas in each areas that you wish you’d find more balance in.
- Make a list of the things you can do less of in the areas where you feel you focus too much on. For example, perhaps you can stop checking emails on your work phone after hours or on the weekends.
- What can you do more of, to bring more balance and energy to the areas where there is lack? Perhaps it is adding a healthy meal to your diet, walking 15 minutes a day, making sure you spend 15 minutes chatting to your spouse rather than slumping on the sofa when you get home.
- Write it out. These need to be visible and not just sitting in your head, otherwise you will get distracted by life the whole time and guess what? You’ll never implement them.
- It’s very important that you do some self-reflection every now and then. Think about the most important thing you accomplished in the past. How were you able to keep your focus until you achieved your goals? What did you do to overcome your fears, anxieties, doubts, and worries?
- Empower yourself. Don’t beat yourself up and think you have done wrong. You have to be kind to yourself if you want to have a fulfilling life. Besides, there’s no way you can enjoy your life balance if you’re going to be cruel to yourself when creating such balance.
Just like when you’re trying to accomplish any goals in your life, it takes time and a lot of effort to learn how to use mind power to keep your life balance. All you need to do is stay focused and motivated.